Turkey is a country that is rich in history, culture and natural beauty. There are hundreds of reasons to visit Turkey, but we’ve rounded up the top 10 for you.
Turkey has been a tourist destination for decades and its popularity has grown exponentially in recent years. This is due to the fact that Turkey has something to offer for everyone, from the most demanding luxury traveler to the budget-conscious backpacker.
It’s a country of contrasts: ancient cities, snowcapped mountains, sun-kissed coastlines, sprawling steppes and fertile plains. It’s also a great place to visit if you are looking for an affordable holiday destination with plenty of quality accommodation options.
Top 10 Places to Visit in Turkey
Turkey is a country that has a lot to offer and it is one of the most visited countries in Europe. Turkey offers many attractions for travelers to enjoy. From ancient ruins, to cultural attractions, to natural wonders, and much more, there are plenty of things for visitors to explore.
The Top 10 Places To Visit In Turkey are:
- Düden Waterfalls
- Myra’s Rock Tombs
Why Tourists Should Consider Visiting Western Turkey?
A lot of tourists are drawn to Western Turkey because it has some of the best beaches in Europe. It also has a lot to offer for people who love nature, museums, and ancient ruins.
However, there are other reasons why tourists should consider visiting Western Turkey too. Western Turkey is known for its diverse culture and beautiful landscape. There are many different cultures represented in the country with their own unique traditions and customs.
The must-visit cities in western turkey are Istanbul, Antalya, Konya, Bursa, Edirne, Izmir and Ankara.
Top 5 Trips You Can Take While Visit Turkey
Turkey is also one of the most affordable destinations to visit with a variety of attractions to offer.
- Cappadocia: A place where nature has sculpted rock formations into caves, underground cities and fairy chimneys.
- The Blue Mosque: One of the most famous mosques in the world, the Blue Mosque is one of the top attractions in Turkey. It was built by Sultan Ahmet I and takes up an entire block in Istanbul’s old city center. It’s also home to the world’s largest carpet, which is 24 meters long and 10 meters wide!
- Hagia Sophia: This former church turned into a mosque is one of the top must-see attractions in Turkey. It was converted into a museum during Ottoman rule, but it still has its original beauty with its domes, arches and marble floors intact!
- Ephesus: A city that was once one of the largest in the ancient world with an impressive collection of ruins from Roman times.
- Mediterranean Sea : The turquoise waters are dotted with islands and beaches
Top 10 Cultural Highlights of Istanbul
Istanbul is one of the most culturally diverse cities in the world and has been home to people from all over the world. It is a must-see destination for travelers and locals alike.
Istanbul is a city that has been home to people from all over the world and has a rich culture that comes with it. The top 10 cultural highlights of Istanbul are as follows:
- Hagia Sophia
- Blue Mosque
- Basilica Cistern
- Topkapı Palace
- Grand Bazaar
- Spice Market
- Galata Tower
- Taksim Square
- İstiklal Avenue
Top 10 Dishes of Turkish Cuisine
Turkish cuisine is one of the most popular cuisines in the world. It has a rich history and many different variations. Turkey is also known for its rich culture, which is reflected in its food. It has been influenced by Arabic, Mediterranean, and Central Asian cuisines as well.
The dishes listed here are the ten best dishes that you should definitely try if you haven’t already. They are all fairly easy to prepare and provide an excellent flavor experience.
The ten best Turkish dishes are:
- Adana Kebab
- Köfte (meatballs)
- Simit (round bread)
- Patlicanli Börek (flatbread)
- Mantı (dumpling)
- Sarma (stuffed grape leaves)
- Zeytinyağlı Fasulye
The Best Turkish Desserts You Must Eat While Visit Turkey
Turkish desserts are some of the best desert around. They have a variety of flavors, textures, and colors that make them stand out from other deserts. These ten best Turkish desserts will give you an insight into what makes Turkish cuisine so special.
Here are ten Turkish deserts that you should try this summer.
- Lokum (Turkish Delight)
- Fırında sütlaç
- Tavukgöğsü (Chicken pudding)
- Ayva tatlısı
- Un helvası